Tag Archives for " service "
Written By: Remaliah Evans
1. Name the three richest people in the world
2. Name the last two winners of the Miss America contest
3. Name last person who won the Nobel Prize
4. Name the last three Academy Award winners for best actor
5. Name the last three World Series winners
How did you do? Not too good huh? Don’t worry, you will ace part two:
1. Name two teachers who helped you in school
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time
3. Name three people who have taught you something worthwhile
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel, appreciated and special
5. Think of three people you enjoy spending time with
The Point: No one remembers the headliners of yesterday. Although these are highly accomplished people, the applause ends. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. The people that significantly impact our life are usually not the ones with the most achievements, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care. Have we shown how much we care lately? Perhaps with a phone call, a lunch invitation, running an errand, or praying with someone. A small act of kindness can truly brighten someone’s day, and in turn, encourage that person to do the same for someone else. Hebrews 10:24 Let us consider how to inspire each other to greater love and to righteous deeds.